The long wait during winter is almost over and in a couple of days we’ll be on our way down to Pau Arnos for a weekends’ testing. It’s been a bit of a challenge negotiating not only Covid and the travel restrictions but Brexit as well. I can report, though, we’re as ready as we can be and true to racing form there’s a last minute rush going on.
I’ve taken the week off to finish the work I started on the truck during the winter to achieve some kind of road worthiness for the trip, and, if the French powers that be look favourably upon her, she’ll be on French registration before too long.
We’ve had confirmation of our entries for the Ligue Motorcyclists Nouvelle Aquitaine Championships with Rik’s favourite racing #22. As for the Promo 600’s, no confirmation as yet, and they’ve not answered the two emails already sent, will have to ask Sarah, in Admin, to telephone the organisers. We have bought another standard engine, for the Promo 600’s to comply with the regulations, which is being rebuilt as I write by David Wood Racing in the UK, so there’ll be a few engine changes during the season.
Next stop Pau Arnos.